Adani Wilmar Limited.
Headquarters- Ahemdabad, Gujrat.
Area served- India.
Key people- Angshu Mallick, Adani
Products- Edible Oil, Rice, Wheat flour.
Number of employees- 2500 plus.
Adani Wilmar is one of the few larger FMCG food companies in India. The company was founded in 1999 by the Adani group and Wilmar group, headquartered in Ahmedabad, Gujarat. Adani Wilmar offers most of the essential kitchen commodities for Indian consumers, including edible oil, Wheat flour, Rice, Pulse, and Sugar.
Adani Wilmar was incorporated in 1999 as a joint venture between Adani Group and Wilmar group. The Adani Enterprise and Wilmar Trading Pte Ltd have signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) to form a 50-50 joint venture company with an equity base of the equivalent of $ 6 million. The company’s products are offered under a diverse range of brands across a broad price spectrum and cater to different customer groups.
In 2020, Adani Wilmar established the first plant with a capacity of 600 MT per day oil refinery and consumer pack plant in Mundra, Gujrat, and was expanded by another 100 MT per day in 2002.
In 2020, Adani Wilmar started offering soaps under the Alife brand name and during the COVID-19 pandemic also introduced handwash and sanitizers under the Alife brands in the fiscal year 2021.
Products and services
Adani Wilmar is India’s leading FMCG company, offering most of the essential kitchen commodities such as edible oil, rice, wheat flour, sugar, and pulse. Also offers a diverse range of essential industries, including castor oil, oleochemicals, and its derivatives and de-oiled cakes.
Adani Wilmar has three major categories of products Edible oil, Packaged food & FMCG, and industry essential. These products are sold under the fortune brand, which is the largest selling edible oil brand in India. The company has focused on value-added products such as edible oil products, rice bran health, fortified foods, ready-to-cook soya Chunks, khichadi, etc. Adani Wilmar has strong raw material sourcing capabilities and was India’s largest importer of crude edible oil as of March 31, 2021.
As of 2022, Adani Wilmar has 22 plants across 10 states in India. The company distributors are in 28 states and 8 union territories throughout India, catering to over 1.6 million retail outlets. Adani Wilmar has one subsidiary Bangladesh Edible Oil Limited (BEOL) in Dhaka, Bangladesh.
KOG KTV Foods Pvt Limited
KTV Healthfoods Pvt. Ltd
Vishakha Polyfab Pvt. Ltd
Adani Wilmar has plans to raise Rs 3600 Cr through an initial public offering. The IPO open date is 27 Jan and the close date is Jan 31, 2022. Adani Wilmar ipo lot size comprises 65 shares and retail investors can apply for a max of 13 lots.
The Company has used these funds for the expansion of existing manufacturing facilities and the development of new manufacturing facilities. The GMP of Adani Wilmar has traded premium at Rs 47 in the gray market and public issues worth Rs 3600 Cr have been Fully subscribed in two days of the bidding by investors.
- No. 1 edible oil brand in India / “Fortune”, our flagship brand, is the largest selling edible oil brand in India.
- One of the fastest-growing packaged food companies in India.
- India’s largest importer of crude edible oil
- Mundra is one of the largest single-location refineries in India with a designed capacity of approximately 5,000 tonnes per day.
- Largest lauric fat manufacturer in India.
- The largest manufacturer of castor oil in India and one of the largest basic oleochemical manufacturers in India
- The largest exporter of castor oil and its derivatives and one of the largest exporters of oleochemicals in India.
- FMCG food company Adani Wilmar made a subdued debut on February 8 with the stock listing at a 4 percent discount to the issue price.
- The stock opened at Rs 221 on the BSE and Rs 227 on the National Stock Exchange against an issue price of Rs 230.
- The country has around 45 days of stocks while 60 days of stocks are normally carried. Normally, in such a situation, there is a demand shift of almost 50% towards palm oil and soybean oil from sunflower oil. We have enough oil to manage that supply chain at least till the time normalcy returns which we feel will happen soon and in 30 to 60 days, Said Angshu Mallick.
Adani Wilmar share hits the upper circuit for the 5th straight day. The share price is backed by strong fundamentals and technical support at current levels.
Address- Fortune House
Nr Navrangpura Railway Crossing
Pin Code-380 009
Kuok Khoon Hong
Head Of Procurment & supply chain
Area Served- India
Parent- Adani &Wilmar Group