Industry- Internet and Data.
Headquarters- New Delhi, India.
Area served- Worldwide.
Key people- Rakesh Kumar Verma and Rashmi Verma.
Products- Digital Map, Software, APIs.
Revenue- Rs 192.27 crore.
Number of employees- 734 plus.
Mapmyindia is India’s leading data and technology products and platform. The company was founded in 1995 by Rakesh Kumar Verma and Rashmi Verma. Its headquarters is in New Delhi, India and also has an international office situated in the San Francisco Bay area and Tokyo, Japan. The company offers digital maps, geospatial software and location IoT technologies.
Mapmyindia was incorporated in 1995 and built up India’s digital map. The company commenced in data and technology sectors, digital Map as a Service (MaaS), Software as a Service (SaaS), and Platform as a service (PaaS).
Company History Timeline
1995- The company has built up India’s digital map.
2004- Mapmyindia has launched the India internet mapping portal.
2007- In 2007, Mapmyindia has launched Pan India GPS (Global Positioning System) Navigation system
2011- The company also launched an IoT platform for GPS based telematics.
2015- It’s started offering a map and location API platform for developers.
2016- Mapmyindia. Has started building the transportation, logistics and workforce automation platforms.
2017- The company has started building an AI-powered 4D HD digital map Twin of the real world and Also launched a nationwide unique digital address and location, eLoC.
2019- In 2019, Mapmyindia has launched geospatial analytics and GIS platform and Also launched an N-case mobility suite for digital vehicle transformation.
2020-21- In this year’s, Mapmyindia has launched two services like location powered enterprises digital transformation suits and real-time COVID vaccine centre on Cowin.
The company has expanded their digital map database to cover other countries such as Sri Lanka, Bangladesh, Nepal, Bhutan, Myanmar, UAE and Egypt.
Products and services
Mapmyindia is a data and technology products and platform-based company. It offers proprietary digital maps, software, and platform. The company provides products, platform and application programming interfaces (APIs) and solutions across a range of digital map data, software and loT for the Indian market under the Mapmyindia brand name and for international markets under the Mapple brand. The company gives standard definition and high definition digital maps as a service for India. It covers 6.29 million km of roads and represents 98.50% of India’s road networks. Mapmyindia’s map data provides location, analytics navigation and other information of 7933 towns, 637472 villages, 17 mn places across many categories such as malls, hostels, ATMs, Police stations, restaurants, EV charging stations, Grocery stores, Cinema hall, etc.
Mapmyindia serves various industries such as BFSI, telecom, FMCG Industries, logistics and transportation industry. The company also has partnered with key government organizations such as ISRO (Indian space research organization), NITI Aayog, National e-governance division, Ministry of electronic and information technology, and Government of India. Mapmyindia is also working with phone pe, Flipkart, Amazon, Yulu, HDFC Bank, Airtel, and Hyundai
Services offered by Mapmyindia
- Digital map and Geospatial data products.
- Map, location and navigation platforms.
- GIS, geospatial analytics and geo AI products and platforms.
- Location-based loT, Fleet and workforce automation products and platforms.
- Developer APIs and SDKs
- Consumer location-based apps, websites and gadgets.
- N-case automation and mobile technology solutions suite.
- Location Powered consumer technology and Enterprise digital transformation.
Mapmyindia has plans to raise Rs 1040 Cr from the initial public offering and its offer for sale comprises a share worth Rs 1039 Cr. The issue shares price band is Rs 1000- Rs 1033 per share. The IPO open date is 9 Dec 2021 and the closing date is 13 Dec 2021. The shares may credit Demat account on 20 Dec 2021. Mapmyindia was subscribed 154.71 times, with bids coming in for 108.98 crore shares against an offer size of 70.44 lakh shares.
- The leading company of digital mapping in India.
- B2B and B2B2C market leader in India.
- Independent, global geospatial products and platform company with strong data governance.
- Strong customers across the country with good relationships.
- Consistent profitability in the financial track record.
- Experience management team members.
- MapmyIndia IPO GMP is ₹1010, which means the grey market expects MapmyIndia share listing at around ₹2043 ( ₹1033 + ₹1010), believe market observers.
- The public issue worth ₹1,039.61 crores has been subscribed 7.17 times in the retail category, 4.32 times in the QIB category and 6.27 times in the NII category.
- MapmyIndia made a strong market debut on Tuesday with the stock listing at a premium of over 51% at ₹1,565 per share on the NSE as compared to the issue price of ₹1,033 apiece. On BSE, MapmyIndia shares started trading at ₹1,581 per share (Mint).
68, Okhla Industrial Estate, Phase 3
Tel.No- +91 9999 333 223
Rakesh Kumar Verma
Co-Founder, Chairman & Managing Director
Co-Founder & CTO
Chief Executive Officer and Executive Director
Chief Strategy Officer
Chief Operating Officer