Star Health & Allied Insurance limited.
Headquarters- Chennai, Tamil Nadu.
Area served- India.
Key people- V Jagannathan, Anand Roy, Dr. S. Prakash.
Products- Health, Accident, And travel Insurance.
Total Revenue--9,077.76 ( Rs million).
Number of employees- 12800 plus.
Star Health & Allied insurance limited is India’s leading health insurance company. It was founded in 1995, headquartered in Chennai, Tamil Nadu. The company provides services in Insurance such as health, accident, personal and travel insurance.
Star Health & allied insurance co. limited was incorporated in 2006 as India’s first health insurance provider in the country. The company provides services to their customers in personal, health accident and overseas travel insurance. Star Health has primarily worked on the retail health and group health insurance segments which comprise 89.3% and 10.7% respectively, this is the star health total GWP in fiscal 2021. They received around 80 per cent of the business from individual insurance agents and have about over 5 lakh agents in the network.
On 21 July 2021, Star Health and Allied Insurance was filed the DRHP ( Draft Red Herring Prospectus ) paper with the Security Exchange Board of India (SEBI) for its initial public offering for expanding their business.
Start health & allied insurance offers various sterling services in health insurance, accident insurance, travel insurance and personal insurance. The company has catered the product portfolio to everybody, individuals, corporate and families. Star Health has worked directly as well as through various channels like broker, agent and online platforms. Its channel distribution includes 779 health insurance branches across the 25 states and 5 union territories in India.
The company has promised a gross written premium of Rs 6865 Cr during the FY 2019-2020 and had built up the path with an appreciable worth of Rs 1889 Cr, as of 31st March 2020.
Awards and Recognition
- The company has been awarded as the Best health insurance provider of the year 2018 by Business Today.
- Star Health Insurance was awarded India’s leading insurance company of the year by the Dun & Bradstreet BFSI Summit & Award 2019.
Star Health insurance has plans to raise Rs 7249 Cr from the initial public offering, it comprises a fresh issue worth Rs 2000 Cr and an offer for sale of Rs 5248 Cr. The IPO open date is 30 Nov 2021 and the closing date is 2 Dec 2021.
- Largest health insurance company in India.
- Diversified service-based products portfolio.
- Attractive retail health insurance segment with stro5 leadership.
- Demonstrated track record of Financial and Operating performance.
- PAN India presence with 640 plus branch offices.
- Star Health Insurance IPO allotment date: Bidders can log in at the direct BSE link — bseindia.com/investors/appli_check.aspx or at the direct KFintech link — kprism.kfintech.com/ipostatus/ and check their IPO application status online.
Address- Star Health & Allied Insurance Co. Ltd,
Tel.No- 1800-425-2255 / 1800-102-4477